Trying to get vines in Minecraft but not have been able to accomplish the same and you are wondering why that’s been happening?
Well, there could be many possible reasons, however, in this article; we are going to know in detail about Vines and how you can possibly get them in your next trial.
Vines basically are block of plant that has a non-solid nature. Now, this means you can walk through these blocks as they aren’t in any material form.
These blocks grow at a rapid speed. However, Vines can’t be just made out of a furnace or crafting table.
They could only be collected through the game and can be added to your inventory. These blocks could be found on trees’ sides, ground or hanging on the tree leaves, etc.
They somewhat look grayish in texture if you look through them as a third person. Moreover, just as you climb a ladder up, you can (in the same manner) use vines to go up.
The only thing that has to be ensured is here that there has to be multiple blocks touching one another to climb up using them. However, touching of the blocks is not crucial in otherwise state i.e. while going down.
Also, they sound just like grass sounds as someone walks on it. But now, the question arises, “how to get vines in Minecraft or add them the inventory?”
However, before answering the above-written question in detail, you must know the various Minecraft versions where Vines is available and is supported too.
Related Article: How to Make a Lead in Minecraft
These versions involve the given platforms: Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Java Edition (PC or Mac), Xbox 360, PS3, Pocket Edition (PE), PS4, Wii U, Windows 10 Edition, and Education Edition.
- For Java, 1.8 – 1.17 versions, you are able to find Vines in the Decoration Blocks.
- In Pocket Edition (PE), 0.14.1 – 1.1.3 and 1.2 – 1.16.20 version(s), you are able to find Vines in the Decorations and Nature.
- For Xbox, TU35 – TU69 and CU23 – CU43 and 1.2.5 – 1.16.20 version(s), you are able to find Vines in the Decorations and Nature.
- In PS, 1.26 – 1.76 (PS3) and 1.26 – 1.91 (PS4) and 1.14.0 – 1.16.20 (ps4) version(s), you are able to find Vines in the Decorations and Nature.
- For Nintendo, Patch 3 – Patch 38 (Wii U) and 1.04 – 1.11 (Nintendo Switch) and 1.5.0 – 1.16.20 (Nintendo Switch) version(s), you are able to find Vines in the Decorations and Nature.
- In Windows 10 Edition, 0.14.1 – 1.1.3 and 1.2 – 1.16.20, version(s), you are able to find Vines in the Decorations and Nature.
- For Education Edition, 0.14.2 – 1.0.18 and 1.0.21 – 1.14.31, version(s), you are able to find Vines in the Decorations and Nature.
4 Quick Steps to making Vines in Minecraft
When it comes to Minecraft, you are able to collect vines from the tress with the use of a tool i.e. Shears.
What this tool does is that it helps in cutting off these blocks so you can later add them to the inventory.
Here is the entire process for getting Vines that is in the survival mode:
How To Get Vines In Minecraft survival
- Find Vines Growing
At first, you will require looking for the Vines that have been getting developed or grown in the Minecraft. These, as mentioned earlier, can be found hung on the trees.
- Hold your Shears
Now, in the hotbar, select and then, in your hands, hold the pair of shears.
- Use the Shears
Once, done with the above-given 2 steps, it’s time to use the tool in order to cut off and collect Vines.
- When it comes to the Pocket Edition (PE), you require tapping and holding on to the vines.
- For Education Edition, you require left clicking and holding on the vines
- In the case of Nintendo Switch, on the controller, you require pressing and holding the ZR button
- When it comes to Xbox 360 and Xbox One, on the Xbox controller, you require pressing and holding your RT button.
- In Java Edition i.e. on your Mac or PC, hold on the vines and by clicking left
- For PS3 as well as PS4, on your PS controller, you require pressing and holding the R2 button.
- In the case of Wii U, on your gamepad, you require pressing and holding the ZR button.
- When it comes to Windows 10 Edition, you have to opt for left clicking and holding on the vines.
- Pick the falling vines before they start disappearing
Now, at this point, you must ensure collecting the falling vines before they start disappearing. And that’s it!
In the end, I hope the instructions given-above have helped you sort out the issue of not being able to make vines in Minecraft.
However, on collecting all the blocks, you will be able to see them appearing in the hotbar. Now, you can keep them in the inventory and make use of them whenever you require.